SPACE CITY SKI & ADVENTURE CLUB
TRIP REGISTRATION TIPS & RULES
Tips for Easy Trip Registration on the Website
Tips for Paying Your Trip Balance & Selecting Options (Lift Tickets, etc.)
THE ART OF TRIP SIGN-UP AND THE FINE PRINT
Trip Registration Methods
1. You may complete your online registration by mailing a check to the address listed on your confirmation email or by paying by credit card the deposit portion of your registration on PayPal (no PayPal account is required).
2. THIS METHOD AND #3 WILL TAKE SEVERAL EXTRA DAYS SO THE TRIP MIGHT BE SOLD-OUT (Some trips sell-out in less than 24 hours)
You also have the option of mailing the Trip Coordinator (TC) your Mail-in Registration Form and check, but it cannot be postmarked before the first registration date. Once the TC has entered your registration information onto the website, for you, an automated email will be sent to you notifying you that you got a spot on the trip. If no spots are available, the TC will inform you. If you want to register for the wait-list you must do this on our website, the TC can not do this for you.
3. The last method is the same as #2 above but the form is handed to the TC instead. All of the above same processes are followed.
Trip Registration Rules and Guidelines
1. You must be a current member in good standing to be added to a trip. Contact the VP of Membership, if you have questions regarding your membership status.
2. You may sign-up yourself and one other member per trip (plus children for Family Optional trips) (see by-law 2.8.A.)
3. The deposit for the International trips are $300 and $150 per participant for all other trips.
4. If you use Mail-in Trip Registration, mail Form and check to the TC listed for that trip. Must not be post marked before the first registration date. Their address is listed on the bottom of the trip registration form. Additional information, phone number and e-mail addresses, are listed in the membership directory.
5. If your registration meets the above guidelines, your name(s) will be entered into our website trip registration system. The order shown on our website will be the official order for determination of those receiving a spot or being added to the wait-list. All registrations done on the website by the participant will be added immediately to the registration system upon completing all required registration information. All wait-list participants are required to send a check to the TC to hold your spot on the wait-list. All checks will be cashed but if you are not placed on the trip a refund will be paid to you for the full amount of your deposit.
6. These procedures apply to ALL members except the trip TC and ATC. All Trip Participants are subject to SCSC Standing Rules, Policies and Procedures.
7. SCSC is not responsible for any problems with the U.S. Postal Service or the internet, including delayed delivery or lost mail.
8. Information shown on the Trip Schedule is subject to change. Contact the TC or ATC for up-to-date information.
9. Any registrations received, which do not meet the above qualifications, will be returned to the sender.
10. All Land Package participants bare all risk of any costs they may incur due to the cancellation of a trip. SCSC is only responsible for costs the Land only participant paid SCSC and any refunds would be per the club’s cancellation policy. In the event that SCSC must change the ground transportation plan, even at the last minute, a Land only participant’s maximum refund will be the budgeted amount for the bus seat. Any cost a Land participant incurs due to delayed or canceled flights or other transportation problems, are their sole responsibility and does not entitle them to a refund of their ground transportation cost paid to the club.
Rules and Restrictions for Land Packages
1. The price of the land package generally includes ground transportation unless specifically stated otherwise. To utilize this ground transportation the land participant must meet the group at the destination airport on time. Ground transportation will not be delayed for land package participants arriving later than the group.
2. Full package and Land only are the only packages generally offered. No other combinations of lodging and/or transportation will be offered unless approved by the VP-trips and the Executive Committee.
3. Normal cancellation policies apply plus the added stipulation that after final payment date, land only participants must be replaced from a land only wait-list and full package participants must be replaced from a full package wait-list.
4. Be sure this is the package you want - Only switching from Land to Full Package is allowed and will be handled by the TC (if seats are available).
5. Switching from Full Package to Land Only is not allowed without approval and might be subject to normal trip cancellation fees.
6. If you sign up for a land package, please notify the TC of your transportation plans in advance of the trip. The TC can tell you where to meet the group at the airport and other pertinent details.